Eight years after the cloud-first policy, agency spending on cloud computing services surged to $4.1 billion, according to analysis from Bloomberg Government. BGov says cloud spending grew by 9% among civilian agencies and by almost 30% among defense agencies from fiscal years 2017 to 2018.
The growth curve is expected to continue on the upward climb as the Trump administration finalizes its cloud smart strategy as well as new contracts for common back-office cloud services and shared services.
At the same time, there are a host of challenges to consuming cloud services in a way that is accessible and immediate.
Read this eBook to learn more about:
- How hybrid cloud impacts apps, changes the one-size fits all mindset
- How agencies can avoid vendor lock-in with the cloud
- Cybersecurity as a shared responsibility
- How DoD is improving tactical capabilities with simplicity, capacity
- Dealing with the IT rebellion
- IoT and AI devices - are agencies ready to benefit from computing at the edge?